Friday, December 19, 2008

Sing We All Noel!

This last Sunday was the children's choir program at our church. It was titled, Sing We All Noel. I particularly liked this one because it stuck more or less to the Christmas story. No room at the inn...the birth...angels telling shepards the good news...wise men from the east....etc. I am old fashioned in this regard and I like the children's musicals to be traditional.

This year both Walker and Texas Ranger would be participating in the musical. Walker even had a solo...which he nailed by the way. We are expecting a recording contract soon. TR didn't have a solo or sing a lot of the songs he was suppose to but he did do the motions and didn't cry or attempt to harm anyone during the performance...a true success story!

I was also in this production. Being the "class clown" or "village idiot" does have its advantages. They ask you to do crazy things in Christmas plays. So, myself and my male counterpart in the class clown department were set to be the narrators of this show. Then I was informed that it would be better if we were "professional" narrators and did I have an evening gown. This caused me a little concern but I went along and borrowed a gown from a coworker...you know who you are and thank you! Next I hear, in addition to narrating while being in formal attire, we will also be singing and dancing with the children. Being the joiner that I am (read...SUCKER), I said sure.

Sunday morning rolls around and I am clomping around the halls of the church trying to help get this show ready while wearing a floor length evening gown. This is slightly more dressy than I usually go so I am being asked many questions to which I attempt to reply with witty banter...or mindless babbling...it works for Will Ferrell.

The performance begins and we have a packed house. I hadn't seen it that full since a really big Easter several years ago. The kids looked cute and so what if they left the stage one time at the wrong time? They are kids. Now the two class clowns actually made it through without a hitch. Although hubby did comment on the "act" we did at one part where the kids were off stage getting ready for the manger scene and we were setting up the manger and other items. When I informed him that it was no "act" and that was just how we were and it wasn't planned, he just looked at me odd. He really should be use to the village idiot act after 12 years!

No comments: