Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Music...

I haven't seen any movies lately so this is another post about music.  After OD'ing on Adele's Someone Like You and having some type of breakdown in the car the other morning where I was crying and singing and other drivers were looking worried, I decided to sing along to something else. 

I know, I know...The Dixie Chicks are jackwagons for their anti-America comments following 9-11.  I think they figured out fairly quickly that their demographic of listeners (flag flying, gun carrying, conservatives) didn't take kindly to their remarks about then President Bush or the good old US of A!  Know your audience...just saying.

BUT...before they outed themselves as liberal, flag burning chicks (OK, I don't think they burned a flag but it's possible!), I really liked them!  I even bought their CD.  It's worth mentioning that I almost never bought a CD but I spent hard earned money on one of theirs.  AND then they treat us like this following the worst act of terrorism on our soil EVER!  Sorry...I didn't know I still had that in me.

Back on track.  Anyway, I really loved that CD.  It was fun.  They were fun.  So, to pull myself out of the breakdown following my singing along to Adele, I cranked up Goodbye Earl.  Remember that one?  If you don't, here is the video.


I LOVE this song.  "Ain't it dark?!  Wrapped up in that tarp!"  "We need a grave!  Let's go down to the lake.  We'll pack a lunch!  And stuff you in the trunk! Is that alright?  GOOD!  Let's go for a ride!"

Now, I must have a sick sense of right and wrong but I think Earl got what was coming to him!  I am probably also sick for thinking these lyrics are hysterical.  BUT...if this was my best friend, he'd be at the bottom of some lake too!  In fact, I have said as much to my best friend's husband.  I think it's best to establish clear lines of communication on these things.  I was clear and, as long as he behaves, he has no worries!  I still have the tarp...just in case.  Kidding!  Mostly...

SO, instead of crying while I sing along to Adele, I have a huge smile on my face as I help Mary Ann and Wanda kill off Earl!  I'm not right.  It's OK.  I'm good with it!

Have a great week...and don't beat your wife or...well...ask Earl!


No comments: