Saturday, April 16, 2011

Winning!

Amazing how one little word has come to mean so much in pop culture. Thank you, Charlie Sheen! Now winning is almost the code word for LOSER! Yep, sorry to burst that bubble for ya, Chuck!

Anyway, some days I feel like I am winning about a much as Charlie. Of course, I know how bad the situation is and Charlie doesn't have a clue. But...good old Chuck is making a ton of money. Is it as much as he was making before? I doubt it. Did you know he was the highest paid actor on the planet? He was making 1.8 million per episode of his half hour sitcom where he played himself! Seems like a REALLY good gig to me. Unfortunately for Charlie, he didn't think so.

In my world, where winning is a lot less profitable, it has been a tough 6 months. This next Friday marks the 6 month mark that hubby lost his job. After that, he had major surgery and we spent 7 days at a hospital hours from home. That was in the days leading up to Christmas. Always a cheery way to spend the holidays. This time also saw his car break down, our water heater leaked all over the garage, I got the flu at a very inopportune time, I also got two UTIs (never had had one before), the kids got sick, oldest son's math teacher and I are having an ongoing disagreement over a book, hubby had another surgery, I had a girl's weekend that let's just say was a bit disappointing and, most recently, a pipe sprung a leak that caused damage to my bedroom, bathroom and garage! Seriously?! Yep...seriously!

I am becoming that person that you don't want to be. Even someone that you can look to and feel better about yourself because you are not me. For that, I say you are welcome. Feel better about yourself!

Just in the last week or so...and this could be due to the small flood in the bedroom from the pipe leak...I have started to feel like there really isn't going to be a light at the end of this tunnel. Please don't get me wrong, I KNOW that God is always in control. Just because God is in control, it doesn't mean He will always hold back the rain. It seems to have been raining for a long time. Longer than these last six months...more like 12 years. Have there been good times? Of course! But, the overarching theme has been that I am not going to win. I'm in the rain and there is no umbrella or bright sky in sight. Am I just writing this because I am OVER my present circumstances? Most likely. I sometimes just need to put it all down in writing and walk away. Writing can be a very cathartic exercise.

Gotta get back to all that winning! Maybe I should give Charlie a ring and see if he would like to do a new sitcom about a cursed woman and a washed up loser...

1 comment:

jeff said...

Let's hope your Tiger Blood kicks in soon!
"When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,"
Isaiah 43:2-3

Romans 5: 3-5: We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
Praying for you!