Sunday, October 4, 2009

Things Crazy People Do...

Imagine a bunch of people are standing in a line waiting for a Backlot Tour at Disney. Some "Cast Member"...that is what they call employees...comes out with a plea for a volunteer to participate in the show. Everyone tells her no. Then, some crazy lady walks up as she is asking again and says yes! Crazy lady didn't even know what she had just volunteered for...she just thought being part of the show is much more fun than simply watching it!

You guessed it...the crazy lady is me.

Let me set these videos up for you. The first one is me doing "my scene". Movies are filmed out of sequence so my scene was shot first. The movie was suppose to be sorta of Pearl Harbor type thing. I was the mechanic calling from deep within the ship. I was told to pick up the phone and yell a message to the Captain when "action" was yelled at me. I was to continue "talking" to the Captain until they yelled cut and I was to then hang up the phone. The only other things I knew were that I was NOT to look to my left, NOT to stand up and I would probably be getting wet since they had issued me a lovely rain suit and boots! Sounds like fun! Here is what it looked like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny5OJljNqvg

After my scene was filmed, my fellow "actors" did their scene. Once they had their scene shot, Disney married the footage together into the final product. Due to technical problems with the internet access provided at the condo I am currently in, the final scene has yet to be loaded to YouTube. Maybe later...

Hope you enjoy 700 gallons of water being dumped on me! I can assure you that the experience was...well...refreshing!

2 comments:

jeff said...

So Knoxville isn't the only place where you're a washed up actress!
With a little post production,we may be able to use that footage in the Epic Blockbuster. Don't sign any contracts with Disney until I renegotiate your Options!

BB said...

Ha Ha! Yes...washed up in Orlando too! At least I didn't have to learn lines for this gig!

Good luck renegotiating my options. I expect you to make me a star! :)